AC002 – Optical Gas Imaging
- 12 (Registered)
Using thermography, we can conduct non-contact and non-destructive tests or inspections of buildings, electrical equipment, gas, or water systems, even in physiology and veterinary. This course will discuss more on Optical Gas Imaging. OGI enables us to see the invisible gas leaks.
According to the Federal Register, Vol. 81, No. 107, Rules and Regulations, p.35856 released on June 3, 2016, OGI is the best system for emission reduction (BSER) for monitoring fugitive emissions at well sites.
At the end of this course, you will:
- understand the science behind OGI
- know the difference of cooled and uncooled cameras
- learn the basic operation of FLIR GF series cameras
- be aware of the applications of OGI in the oil and gas industry
- be knowledgeable of the techniques and practices in having a safe and successful inspection
- verify if the suspected gas leak is real or not.